Monday, June 15, 2009

Some Words of Wisdom ...

Some Words of Wisdom to Our Paranormal Heroes
By Father Bob Bailey, PWSM


Investigators respond to a variety of paranormal phenomena – from ghosts to residual haunting to poltergeist activity. Given our experience as well as the shared experiences of many paranormal groups around the nation, cases of negative or demonic entities are on the rise.

As a Catholic priest well-acquainted with and committed to combating demonic forces, I would like to caution my brother and sister investigators – heroes who go where so many won’t go to help people – when encountering the demonic. As many of you know well, dealing with these spirits is an entirely different reality with its own set of rules and careful approaches.

By virtue of the fact that you have been working in the field for any amount of time and have experienced what you have already experienced – you should be persons who not only believe in the spirit world but also the truth that there is good and evil out there. It is important for investigators to have a belief system and have some sort of faith in God. The reason for this is simple. When you go on an investigation, you really do not know for sure what you are dealing with in truth.

Those investigative groups that rely only on the sciences and technology and try to leave faith out of the picture could be in danger if the spirits actually end up being demonic. Remember, what might seem to be only “ghostly type” phenomena could end up being a dark force. This has been the experience of the Paranormal Warriors. We are invited to help in an investigation and it ends up being not some spirit who once lived in the home or on the property but something more diabolical. Only those groups that willingly embrace the challenge of combating evil and have the religious faith and experience to do so should pursue these cases. If you are not – and that’s okay because we all have different gifts – you need to call in those who have the knowledge and experience to do so.

In any event, it is important that groups spiritually prepare themselves before each investigation because, as I said, reports of negative spirit activity have been on the rise.

Pray before the investigation. You can never be fully certain of what you might encounter, so it is wise to call upon Divine protection. You can ask for the light of God to surround you and call in the guardianship of the holy angels. The traditional Prayer to St. Michael is effective as is anointing your forehead with blessed oil or using holy water.

Wear some sort of spiritual protection. Another wise practice is to wear or carry with you a symbol of your faith. Whether it is a Cross or pentacle, a gemstone or a Rosary, let this symbol be a source of divine protection. Catholic religious medals such as St. Benedict, St. Michael the Archangel or the Miraculous Medal are powerful sacramentals.
The wearing of black or dark clothing is believed to protect from evil.

Be sure to spiritually cleanse yourselves after the investigation. As important as it is to place yourself in a protective state before the investigation is the preventing of any paranormal residue or spirit entities from following you home or attaching to your person. This has been known to happen and is anything but a pleasant experience.

**We have included more detailed information for each of these three steps within the “Spiritual Warfare” section of this website.**

5 comments:

  1. Father Bob Bailey,

    My name is William Lee Russ, Sr and I am contacting you because of the gifts that I have had all of my life. Ever since I was a young child I believed in God. This was without the teachings of no one but just my own feelings of faith in God. The Angels that are beside me have told me that I am William the Guardian. The strongest Angel presence around me is Michael the Arch Angel. I feel that I can assist you in helping the world with closing the gates of evil that is attacking innocent people. Also, helping the spirits that are trapped by the evil entities. I have a very strong feeling urging me to reach out to you. I feel that we need to work together to help rid the world of evil. You can contact me at wlruss69@me.com or (240)397-1837. Thank you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a writer and have been retired for ten years; also have seen ghosts since childhood and never talked about it until recently. Many of my books have spiritual or paranormal elements, mostly downplayed, just as I've not talked about my own experiences much over the years. I recently decided to write another novel and had intended a ghost-hunting subplot, but I stopped work on it during my resarch precisely because I could not find good information about how to tell the negative entities from the positive or neutral ones. Also, I became concerned because either there is a rise in demonic activity now or else people are becoming more aware of it, and I feel this is not being handled well in the media. I stopped with what I'd planned to write because I didn't want to contribute to this poor handling of something so important. I'm very happy to have found this website. I also have a blog on blogspot. On the web I go by A Nonny Mouse, but my real name is Dianne Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another important spiritual preparation before engaging in any type of spiritual combat is sacramental confession and the devout reception of Holy Communion. The reception of these two sacraments provide graces that both protect and sanctify.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father, I'm puzzled that you'd encourage people to wear pentacles. If a practitioner of voodoo were to ask, would you counsel him to always keep his gris-gris close?

    It seems irresponsible of you to encourage occult practices---practices which could very well lead to the harassment you say you exist to fight against.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Father Bob: I was told that I'm not allowed to receive Communion because I did not complete my Confirmation despite multiple attempts on my end to complete Confirmation. If I do not receive Communion prior to investigation am I at a higher risk for demonic attack? What can I do? Would God deny me Communion because I was not able to complete Confirmation? Please help thank you.

    ReplyDelete